1. What equipment do you use?
Camera Bodies: Canon 5D mark ii and Canon 5D markiii
Lenses: Canon 24-105mm f4, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 100mm f2.8, Canon 50mm f1.8, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8, Sigma Art 35mm f1.4.
Flashes: Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Canon Speedlite 430EXii.
Other: Kelly Moore Bag, Pelican 1550 Case, Ona Bag.
2. What do you use to edit your photos?
Computers: Macbook Pro and iMac Desktop
Editing Program: Photoshop CS5
3. How will I receive my photos?
Lifestyle Sessions and Wedding Sessions: Once your photoshoot is over I select the best images from your day and edit them. Once they are ready I upload the your high resolution digital photos to a Custom Online Gallery. When your Online Gallery is ready I will email you a link and a password so you can view/download all your images. You can also share your link and password to family and friends so they can download their favourites too!
4. What are some things to consider when planning a photoshoot?
When planning a photoshoot there are a few things to consider:
1. Time of Year – Every season has advantages and disadvantages. Pick a season that best fits the look that you are wanting. Summer and Fall are my busiest seasons so it is best to book ahead if that is the time of year you are wanting.
2. Time of Day – Once you pick the date for your photoshoot it is time to book the time. I generally recommend shooting in the morning or the evening when the sun is lower in the sky.
3. Location – Where you choose to get your photos taken is very important. It is best to choose a location that means something to you and that is visually interesting! You can pick multiple locations if you like as long as reaching them fits in the timeframe of your photoshoot. If it is a very sunny day it is good to pick at least one location that may offer some shade.
4. What to Wear – This question is always tricky to answer. My best advice is wear something that you feel comfortable in. Don’t worry about having everyone match, just have everyone wear colours/patterns that compliment each other and that don’t clash. I advise that you do not wear anything with big logos on it or loud patterns that can become distracting. Feel free to bring outfit changes!
5. What does your business logo mean?
My photography business logo is very personal to me. It is called “Lazy R Bar” and is my family’s cattle brand. Our cattle brand has been in my family and passed down for many years.
6. Where are you located and do you travel?
I currently live in Biggar, Saskatchewan. I grew up in Kyle, Saskatchewan and make frequent trips down to that area as well.
I do travel! (Mileage and Accommodation rates may apply)
7. When did you start your business?
I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2010 and officially started my business in 2011.
8. How do I book my photoshoot/wedding?
Contact me anytime to book your shoot or ask questions. I can be reached through my Facebook Page, Email or Phone. If you would like to meet in person before your photoshoot we can arrange for that !
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and I will get back to you as soon as I can!